Dental Financial Information
The cost of your dental treatments can vary depending on each person’s unique needs and plan. We discuss the cost of any treatments with you and work with you to agree on an appropriate payment plan before you begin any treatment. We want to make sure that you are comfortable with your specific situation.*
We are committed to provide you with a Better dental care experience than anyone in the Triangle. To make those services affordable to you, we are happy to offer the following payment options:
- Cash, checks**, Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, or Discover Card®
- Convenient monthly payment options¹ from CareCredit Healthcare Credit Card
-Allows you to pay over time
-No annual fees or pre-payment penalties
*A fee of $30 will be charged for missed appointments or cancellations given without 24 hour notice.
**A fee of $30 will be charged for a returned check.
We require payment at the beginning of your treatment. If you choose to discontinue care before services are completed, you will receive a refund, less the cost of care already received.
You will be asked to pay an ESTIMATED patient portion at the time of service. Your total account responsibility can only be determined after all insurance payments or denials have been received.
For patients with dental insurance, we are happy to work with your provider to maximize your benefits and directly bill them for reimbursement for your treatment.²
¹Subject to credit approval.
²If we do not receive payment from your insurance provider within 30 days, you will be responsible for payment of your treatment fees and collection of your benefits directly from your insurance provider. We try to provide the best estimation based on your insurance. They do not guarantee payment. It is the patient’s responsibility to know their insurance.
Insurance Providers Accepted:
- Aetna PPO/DHMO
- Ameritas Group
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Delta Dental
If your insurance provider is not listed, please contact us to learn more about additional providers. Co-pays are due at time of service. We will happily file your insurance claims for you.
Dr. Christopher M. Silvoy DMD & Assoc. II, PLLC participates as an in-network PPO (preferred provider), although we bill most insurance plans as well.
Be familiar with your dental insurance plan
- With insurance plans constantly changing, we advise you to become familiar with your dental plan benefits. No plan is a pay all. Dental insurance is meant to help with the upkeep of oral health. It must be considered only as a subsidy for reconstructive dentistry.
- Many insurance companies don’t cover routine dental services. Even necessary treatments may not be covered. It is also important to note that a procedure that was covered previously, may no longer be covered. We determine treatment plans based on our expertise in the dental field, and not by what your insurance covers.
- Insurance rarely pays 100% of what providers charge. The allowable amount is the fee that an insurance company will pay for a service that you are given. Sometimes that amount is based on a negotiated fee schedule, and sometimes it is based on the usual and customary charge for providers in a given geographic area. You may receive a balance statement after your insurance pays. We do not know the allowable amounts for all insurance companies.
We are happy to help you learn more about your dental insurance benefits and help to get you the best dental care. If you have any questions about our dental practice, please don’t hesitate to contact us today to get started!